Children's Media Conference #tcmc

Chirpified
0
Nosy Crow @NosyCrow

At the Mind the Gap session about children of 10 - 14 and their media needs #tcmc

08/07/2011 18:50:58 WIB
Liam @liamjford

#tCMC - #MindTheGap - Adolescence goes from 10 to 21 - (I would argue 31)...

08/07/2011 18:52:04 WIB
Mark Croasdale @markcroasdale

For those unable to make it into the YouTube talk at #tcmc you should be able to pick up a neat handout! http://twitpic.com/5myfrj

08/07/2011 18:52:22 WIB
Julie Adair @julietanne

Nifty title: Yesterday's coach potatoes are today's You Tubers. Geddit? #tcmc

08/07/2011 18:52:55 WIB
Nosy Crow @NosyCrow

Dr Barbie Clarke says adolescence is 10 - 25. Lord, I am in for a long haul. Brain 90% formed by 2, but remaining 10% takes until 25 #tcmc

08/07/2011 18:53:15 WIB
Nosy Crow @NosyCrow

VG to hear Dr Barbie Clarke emphasising the enormity of primary to secondary school transfer - something we really feel @ Nosy Crow #tcmc

08/07/2011 18:55:48 WIB
Julie Adair @julietanne

RT @MarkCroasdale: For those unable to make it into the YouTube talk at #tcmc you should be able to pick up a neat handout! http://twitpic.com/5myfrj

08/07/2011 18:56:42 WIB
Kathryn Apel @KatApel

RT@NosyCrow DrBarbieClarke says adolescence is 10 - 25. Brain 90% formed by 2, but remaining 10% takes until 25 #tcmc / TEACHERS take note:)

08/07/2011 18:56:46 WIB
Nosy Crow @NosyCrow

UK age of criminal responsibility (10) is lowest of Western countries. Peer influence at its peak 10 - 14. #tcmc

08/07/2011 18:58:14 WIB
Liam @liamjford

RT @NosyCrow: UK age of criminal responsibility (10) is lowest of Western countries. Peer influence at its peak 10 - 14. #tcmc

08/07/2011 19:00:10 WIB
Nosy Crow @NosyCrow

Interested in idea that peer pressure LESS after 14 not more. Sort of makes sense: after 14 maybe U have clearer sense of who you are? #tcmc

08/07/2011 19:01:25 WIB
Nosy Crow @NosyCrow

David Quammen: "Identity is such a crucial affair that one shouldn't rush into it" #tcmc

08/07/2011 19:02:10 WIB
Nosy Crow @NosyCrow

Dr Barbie Clarke: between 10 and 14, children are being who they want to be, not who they think they are esp online. #tcmc

08/07/2011 19:02:56 WIB
Nosy Crow @NosyCrow

Dr Barbie Clarke talking about boy who, she thinks, dealt with bullying via his killing expertise in World of Warcraft #tcmc

08/07/2011 19:04:10 WIB
Nosy Crow @NosyCrow

Games + social media (i.e Facebook) are increasingly influencing how children form their identity, says David Squire #tcmc

08/07/2011 19:06:14 WIB
Mylee Joseph @myleejoseph

RT @NosyCrow: Games + social media (i.e Facebook) are increasingly influencing how children form their identity, says David Squire #tcmc

08/07/2011 19:06:45 WIB
Kathryn Apel @KatApel

RT @NosyCrow: Interested in idea that peer pressure LESS after 14 not more. Sort of makes sense: after 14 maybe U have clearer sense of who you are? #tcmc

08/07/2011 19:07:37 WIB
Kathryn Apel @KatApel

RT @NosyCrow: Dr Barbie Clarke: between 10 and 14, children are being who they want to be, not who they think they are esp online. #tcmc

08/07/2011 19:07:46 WIB
Kathryn Apel @KatApel

RT @NosyCrow: Games + social media (i.e Facebook) are increasingly influencing how children form their identity, says David Squire #tcmc

08/07/2011 19:08:07 WIB
Nosy Crow @NosyCrow

Flexibility + complexity of games lead to prolonged play in "persistent game worlds": long immersion in being who U want 2B not who UR #tcmc

08/07/2011 19:09:20 WIB
Kathryn Apel @KatApel

Lots of pertinent tweets coming from @NosyCrow at #tcmc. Thanks, Kate. Social media and kids is a little bit on the scary side, I think.

08/07/2011 19:09:38 WIB
Load Remaining (320)

Comment

No comments yet. Write yours!