When deemed necessary, Togetter Inc. (hereafter referred as “the Company”) may present stories created by users to a court, criminal investigator, or other authorities in order to protect other users’ property and rights, to prevent physical injury, as well as to ensure the sustainability of chirpstory.com (hereafter referred as “the Service”), up to the extent deemed necessary to afford such objectives..
Togetter Inc. reserves the right to restrict users from using some parts or all functionality in chirpstory.com, as well as to review, modify, or delete stories created by users, partially or as a whole, without prior notification, when it has been determined that any of the following violation takes place:
- The story under concern reflects any action that aims at obtaining, gathering personal information, such as real names, address, email, or telephone number.
- The story under concern contains false or fabricated information that can lead to defamation; discrimination; intention to misleading readers; information that may cause harm, chaos, and hatred; information related to pornography; copyright infringement; as well as information that promotes prostitution and gambling.
Togetter Inc. does not replicate data stored in chirpstory.com servers, including stories created by all users. Togetter Inc. will not be able to restore data in the servers that is lost or damaged for any reason. This should be taken as a precaution against loss or damage.
Togetter Inc. conducts all possible measures to protect users’ personal information, complies with the laws, regulations, and other norms, as well as enforces careful measures to protect user's’ privacy to the extent as explained below.
User’s personal information usage restrictions
Beyond the purposes described in the previous section, Togetter Inc. shall not use users’ personal information without users’ prior consent. However, this does not apply in the cases set forth in the following:
- When demanded by the law.
- When user grants the Company consent to use such personal information.
- When necessity of saving lives, preventing physical injury or property damage takes place, in case consent from user is difficult to obtain.
- When necessity of cooperating with government, persons or organisations who are entitled to conduct law enforcement takes place, in case consent from user is difficult to obtain.
- When the Company inevitably requires users’ personal information to make any judgement in relation to charge or claim in accordance with damage borne by telecommunication service provider.
- When deposition of users’ personal information to the third party (within the range as described in the previous section) is necessary, but this deposition shall only provide the third party with the lowest bound of personal information disclosure and the Company shall carry out maximum privacy protection.
Users’ personal information management
Only those who have been granted authority by the Company will manage users’ personal information.
To provide users with warranty regarding the privacy protection, the Company shall conduct appropriate supervision to all personnels dealing with users’ personal information management.
Modification, deletion of personal information
The Company shall take prompt action when there is request for modification or deletion of personal information from the users, him/her selves as well as their representatives. In accordance with standard business operation, reasonable period of investigation will take place, followed by modification or deletion as requested.
Access Log and Cookies